Sam4s SPS-300 Series
Interconnect multiple units to consolidate your sales reporting and share access to peripherals.
- On screen programming simplified setup and makes changes easy to manage after installation
- Choose a flat keyboard model for food service or a raised keyboard model for retail environments
- Connects to popular POS peripherals.
- Food Service: Quick Service, Sandwich, Deli, Kiosks, Cafeteria, Ice Cream
- Independent Retail Merchants, Especially Retail Scanning
- Simple Franchise Concepts
- Parks, Stadiums, Convention Centers and Other Venues with Many Concession Locations
Choose the Model that Best Fits Your Store
SAM4s SPS-345 for Retail Merchants Retail, Gift Shops, Convenience Stores, Beer/Wine/Liquor, Specialty Food, Produce, Meat, Main Street Merchants The traditional raised-key keyboard provides 21 keyboard PLU keys and can be expanded by your SAM4s dealer to 63 PLU keys. Keyboard PLUs act like traditional departments for open-priced entries or can be set as preset
price keys. Large key size ensures easy-toread key labels. Merchants who wish to scan can build their PLU fi le on the fl y using the not found PLU registration feature.
SAM4s SPS-320, SPS-340 for Food Service
Cafeterias, Quick Service, Concessions, Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt Stands, Sandwich, Pizza, Coffee, Bakery, Deli’s, Bars
Preset PLUs facilitate fast and accurate registrations. With 150 key locations, the fl at, spill-resistant keyboard can easily accommodate large menus with preset keys for each item. Where menus change daily with breakfast, lunch or dinner times, the key-sheet under the overlay is easily exchanged. A simplified check tracking feature is available for bars and cafes (local register only).
Popular Components Included
Choose a two-printer model (SPS-340, SPS-345) when a customer receipt and a traditional real-time printed journal is desired for transaction archival. The single printer model is best for receipt-only applications. If you choose the SPS-320 for printing receipts, you can record your journal electronically in the register’s memory. Both provide fast, quiet thermal printing. Drop-in loading simplifi es paper changing and virtually eliminates paper jamming.
The journal can be archived electronically for printing at end-of-day, or can be collected on an SD card. A variety of electronic journal options are available that allow you to quickly audit selected activities.
Networking, Connections and Peripherals
An Ethernet connection is provided on each SPS-300 Series ECR for inter-register communications (IRC) through a network switch. Up to 8 SPS-300 ECRs can be networked.
- Consolidate reports from all registers at any SPS-300 within the network
- Download program updates and price changes to all or selected registers in the network from any SPS-300.
- Share RS-232C devices such as the DataTran™ electronic payment processing appliance, kitchen video and kitchen printers that are connected to an individual SPS-300 with any SPS-300 in the network.
Each SPS-300 can support up to four devices including direct or modem PC communications, cash drawer, kitchen printer, slip printer,coin dispenser, scale, pole display, kitchen video, video surveillance, UPC scanner, liquor dispenser or DataTran™ integrated credit.
Individual ECR Options
Each SPS-300 provides two standard RS-232C ports; two additional ports are available as an option. The SPS-300 has been designed to insure that cables and connections are safe, secure and reliable. The connection panel is recessed and hidden behind a convenient easy-to-access door located at the back of the register.
Bar Code Scanning
Enjoy the advantages of scanning – price control, item movement reporting and labor savings.
POS Interface Scale
Accurately send weights to your SPS-300 for price calculation. The SPS-300 can automatically subtract tares and report item sales by weight.
Improve productivity and reduce cash handling time. Increased accuracy and faster throughput will provide a prompt return on investment.
The SAM4s remote customer display provides two lines by 20 characters, so that both the price and the description of the item are displayed simultaneously.
Second Cash Drawer
A port is provided for an optional second cash drawer. Cashiers can be assigned to different cash drawers for security and accountability.
Shared Network Options
RS-232C options that can be shared within an SPS-300 network include serial Kitchen Printers, E-PAD Video Controllers and Datacap Tran™ electronic payment devices. Using optional
SAM300 or PC-Poll a PC can access any network register for report collection or program loading.
The SAM4s Ellix 40 high speed thermal printer can print requisitions for your kitchen or preparation area.
The E-PAD Video Controller provides a powerful way to speed service and increase employee productivity.
PC Utility & Polling
Support your standalone SPS-300 or SPS-300 network. Use the PC Utility to save, edit and download programs or view reports. Schedule report polling with the optional SAM300 communications software.
Electronic Payment Devices Insure Speed, Security and Effi ciency
The SPS-300 is compatible with the latest Datacap Systems Tran™ Series electronic payment processing appliances. Transactions can be processed in two seconds or less using the latest IPTran™ or TwinTran™ technology and a persistent internet connection. The SPS-300 payment application has been validated by the PCI Security Standards Council. The listing can be viewed at the PCI Security Standards Council website.
Standard Memory Supports:
- Up to 20,000 PLUs
- Up to 99 Clerks/Cashiers
- Up to 99 Group Totals
- Up to 200 Hard or Soft Guest Checks
- Up to 5 Price Levels per PLU
- Up to 100 Mix & Match Discounts
- Up to 50,000 Lines of Electronic Journal
Programmable Keyboard Functions
- Up to 8 Charge Keys
- Up to 10 One-Touch Macro Keys
- Up to 4 Automatic Currency Conversion Keys
- Up to 15 PLU Lookup Keys Capable of Displaying Up to 8 Items
- Automatic Tax Calculation for Up to 4 Rates or Tables
- Cancel Sale Function
- Key Lock Controlled Transaction Void
- Check Cashing
- Post Tendering
- Hash PLU Status
- Training Mode
- Forced Age Verifi cation
- Not-Found PLU
- Condensed Journal (SPS-340/SPS-345)
- PLU Price Inquiry
- Built-In Electronic Time Clock
Customized Quality Receipts
- Pre & Post Graphic Logos
- Up to 6-Line Pre and Post Messages
- Complete Receipt on Request
- Complete Financial Report
- Individual Clerk/Cashier Report
- Hourly Sales Analysis
- Reporting for Up to 99 Clerks/Cashiers
- PLU, Group and Stock Reports
- Period-To-Date Financial, Hourly, Cashier, Group and PLU Reports
- Sales by Day Report for 31 Days
All product features are subject to change without notice.